Donate Life West Virginia Teams Up with Wendy’s® to Promote Organ Donation in Honor of National Donate Life Month
-Partnership Kickoff Event to be Held at Wendy’s in Ripley, WV on April 3rd –
WHO: Donate Life West Virginia, a statewide initiative consisting of the four organ procurement organizations (OPOs) that serve West Virginia and area Wendy’s® are pleased to partner to celebrate millions of families like donor mom and Wendy’s manager Lisa Johnson who have saved lives through the gift of organ, tissue and cornea donation.
WHAT: A kickoff event to launch an inaugural awareness and fundraising campaign in 56 Wendy’s restaurants across West Virginia in honor of National Donate Life Month. Celebrated in April each year, Donate Life America encourages Americans to register as organ, tissue and cornea donors and to celebrate those that have saved lives through the gift of donation.
WHEN: Thursday, April 3, 2014 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: Wendy’s at 623 West Main St., Ripley, WV 25271
- 11:00 a.m.: Flag raising ceremony with special guests
- Holly Mitchell, for Donate Life West Virginia;
- Lisa Johnson, donor mom and manager of Wendy’s in Ripley, WV.; and
- Carolyn Rader, mayor of Ripley, WV.
- 11:20 a.m.: Flag raising and photo opportunity
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Donate Life West Virginia volunteers will have information and literature on hand about organ donation and the importance of signing up to become a donor. Wendy, the restaurant’s mascot, will also join in on the fun.
* On Thursday, April 24 from 4-8 p.m., 10% of all sales from area Wendy’s will benefit Donate Life West Virginia donor awareness programs and donor family resources.
INTERVIEWS: Holly Mitchell, for Donate Life West Virginia and Lisa Johnson, donor mom and manager of Wendy’s in Ripley, WV.
About Donate Life West Virginia
Donate Life West Virginia is comprised of four federally-designated not-for-profit organ procurement organizations (OPOs) that are dedicated to promoting and coordinating the donation of organs and tissue for transplantation – Center for Organ Recovery & Education, Lifeline of Ohio, Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates and LifeNet Health. Throughout the year, Donate Life West Virginia works with West Virginia hospitals to ensure that staff is properly trained in the donation process so that every potential organ donor is procured. They partner with the department of motor vehicles (DMVs) to provide information and assistance in asking every eligible resident to register as an organ, tissue and cornea donor, and provide education within corporations, schools, organizations and other outlets to bring awareness to the importance of organ, tissue and cornea donation. For more information, visit www.donatelifewv.org.
About The Wendy’s Company
The Wendy’s Company is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s system includes more than 6,500 franchise and Company restaurants in the United States and 28 countries and U.S. territories worldwide. For more information, visit www.wendys.com or www.aboutwendys.com.